Introducing the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan
Posted on January 28, 2021
Welcome to the Family, Chrysler Grand Caravan!
A new year is a great time for new beginnings! New year, new you, right? Well, the list of the best minivan in Canada or the World is getting a bit of a shakeup for 2021 as well. A classic from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is taking on a new moniker. The mighty Dodge Grand Caravan, its name synonymous with road trips, camping excursions and little league gallivanting is becoming the Chrysler Grand Caravan. Same great design of the van, same great reliability, fuel economy and stability in an all-purpose hauler, with just a little name change.
Three decades of excellence in the Dodge Grand Caravan name will be carried over with this rebrand, but the Chrysler Grand Caravan will offer even more value to buyers who are looking for the pinnacle of family haulers.
The Chrysler Grand Caravan delivers exceptional quality and an unrivalled driving experience while taking into account the pocketbook of the more budget-minded family-oriented buyer.
Standard features in the Chrysler Grand Caravan continue to include seven-passenger seating, push-button start, keyless entry and the Uconnect 4 system, with a seven-inch touch screen complete with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone capability.
None of the reliability and punch that the Grand Caravan is known for will be lost with the name change. The 287-hp 3.6-liter, workhorse of a V-6 engine is still present. This is a van with engine performance that’s just as good for trips to the grocery store as it is for hauling a trailer to the campsite. If you’re in the market for a trailer hauler, you can read our rundown of the Dodge Grand Caravan towing capacity.
The Chrysler Grand Caravan will be offered in two trim levels, base trim and slightly enhanced SXT model. The SXT offers items such as 17-inch aluminum wheels an active grille, automatic headlights, body-coloured mirror caps, an interior mirror to see what's going on in the back, power-adjustable front seats, with eight driver and four passenger positions to choose from.
If you’re on the fence about which of these great van options is best suited for your budget and lifestyle, here’s a brief rundown of the different specs between the two models:
- 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine delivering 287 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque
- TorqueFlite nine-speed automatic transmission
- Seven-passenger seating with second-row bench seat and third-row Stow ‘n Go 60/40 bench seat
- Lower instrument panel cubby bin
- Uconnect 4 system with a seven-inch touch screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Hands-free communication with integrated voice command
- Six-speaker audio system and media hub with USB and auxiliary input jacks
- 3.5-inch digital vehicle information display cluster
- 17-inch steel wheels with covers
- Keyless Enter ‘n Go with proximity entry (driver door) and push-button start
- Power windows with one-touch driver, power second-row windows
- Dual-zone climate control
- Active noise cancellation
- Cruise control
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- So many safety features! Including but not limited to: electronic stability control, tire pressure monitoring and ParkView Rear Back-up Camera
The slightly enhanced trim level, The SXT, offers all of the same great features of the base-level Grand Caravan but with some added bells and whistles. Here’s a quick rundown of the upgrades in the SXT trim.
Grand Caravan SXT
- Seven-passenger seating with second-row removable bucket seats and third-row Stow ‘n Go 60/40 bench seat
- Second-row in-floor storage bins
- Power eight-way adjustable driver seat with four-way power lumbar adjust
- 17-inch silver aluminum wheels
- Tri-zone climate control with rear air-conditioning/heating
- Power front windows with one-touch up and down
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Automatic headlamps
- Front and rear interior LED reading lamps
- Front and rear floor mats
- Interior observation mirror
To generations of Canadians, the Dodge Grand Caravan has stood for reliability, comfort and class in the world of minivans. The name conjures images of family outings in a way that few other vehicles could. The quality that the Dodge Grand Caravan has been known for is being rolled over into the new iteration of Canada’s favourite family vehicle, the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan.
Interested in the 2021 Chrysler Grand Caravan? Book an appointment at our CarHub NorthYork or CarHub Caledon locations to speak to a friendly Product Advisor about how you can find yourself in a Chrysler Grand Caravan today.