2017 RAM 1500 vs 2017 Ford F-150
Posted on January 14, 2021
There are certainly a lot of pickup trucks on the market to choose from these days. At CarHub, we're always trying to check out the competition to see how the match up with our amazing selection of new and pre-owned RAM trucks. This time around we thought we'd put Canada's long lasting light duty pick, the 2017 RAM 1500 up against the 2017 Ford F-150. Let's take a closer look at the pros and cons of both.
2017 RAM 1500
The versatile 2017 RAM 1500 comes in an impressive 11 trim levels and up to 12 exterior colours. Drivers get three powertrain choices including,
- 3.6 Pentastar V-6 DOHC, chain-driven 24 valve engine that produces 305 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 269 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,175 rpm.
- 3.0-liter ECODIESEL V-6 that combines tremendous performance (420 lb.-ft. of torque) along with fuel efficiency of up to 8.0 L/100 km highway.
- 5.7-liter HEMI V-8, 16 valve, variable-cam timing engine that puts out an impressive 395 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 410 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,950 rpm.
It's important to note that the 5.7L HEMI is Canada's best-selling V8 and it's also the Canadian Truck King Challenge winner for 2017.
To control this Consumers Digest "Best Buy" winner for the 2017 you can choose either a six or eight-speed automatic transmissions and electronic shift-on-the-fly part-time four-wheel drive. The 2017 RAM 1500 offers segment-exclusive multilink coil spring rear suspension and an available class-exclusive Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension system. There are other major benefits such as,
- You can tow up to 10,640 pounds (4,826 kg) and haul up to 1,880 pounds (853 kg)
- Three cab configurations - Regular, Quad and Crew Cab
- Active Air grille shutter, aero-shaped mirrors, parabolic front end, and sculpted fog lamps
- 15 different wheel designs and sizes as well as monochromatic exteriors, two-tone finishes, and chrome and powder coated accents
- Centre armrest media hub, ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera, seven-inch full-colour customizable in-cluster display, a selection of Uconnect Multimedia Centres, and a Sentry Key antitheft engine immobilizer
2017 Ford F-150
The 2017 Ford F-150 truck is available in seven trim levels and most come standard with a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 that produces 325 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft. of torque. There is a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission and electronic shift-on-the-fly that can get you up to at best 10.9 L/100 km combined. Though most of these don't come standard on the F-150, you can add the SYNC 3 system, and an expensive towing package that can get you around the towing capacity of the standard 2017 RAM 1500. Speaking of expensive, the top trim of the Ford F-150 is close to $20,000 more than the top 2017 RAM 1500 trim, with offering much for that large chunk of cash.
Perhaps the best way to decide between these two pick-up trucks is by driving both. To take the 2017 RAM 1500 for a test-drive or to just ask more questions about all its benefits, please contact or visit CarHub - Chrysler Dodge Ram Fiat dealership today.