2019 Ram 1500 Pickup Truck Revealed
Posted on January 15, 2021
It's that time of year when carmakers like RAM release their exciting new vehicles. At North York Chrysler, we like to review some of our favorites, and this time around we thought we'd check out the all-new 2019 RAM 1500. Always at the forefront of pickup truck technology, RAM may have outdone itself with the RAM 1500. Let's take a closer look at all the new and returning features that make the RAM 1500 one of the best RAM trucks ever produced.
Engineered For Success
The 2019 RAM 1500 has been re-engineered and the changes are quite impressive. This pickup truck, which is available in six trim levels, is 102 kilograms lighter than previous models but even stronger thanks to an advanced frame with an exclusive front splayed rail design that features 98% high-strength steel. The maximum payload is a higher 1,043 kilograms, while the maximum trailer tow jumps to 5,761 kilograms. As far as the ride, the 2019 RAM 1500 offers drivers a great ride thanks to all-new Frequency Response Damping shocks, next-gen, class-exclusive air suspension system, and a new 4x4 Off-road Package with electronic locking rear axle, tuned shocks, and Hill Descent Control.
Since power and performance are important to our customers at North York Chrysler, we are happy to mention that the 2019 RAM 1500 offers an upgraded powertrain. The highlights from under-the-hood include:
- Increased fuel efficiency with eTorque mild hybrid system on second generation 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 and 5.7-litre HEMI V-8 engines
- Thanks to the eTorque system you get up to 90 lb.-ft. more launch torque with the 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 and up to 130 lb.-ft. of launch torque with the 5.7-litre HEMI V-8
- New TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmissions
You can also add the legendary 5.7-litre HEMI V-8 that kicks out 395 horsepower and 410 lb.-ft. of torque and features a new 850-watt electric cooling fan using Pulse Width Modulation that eliminates the traditional fan blade and helps improve fuel economy by reducing parasitic losses and fan noise.
Better Connectivity and Entertainment
While RAM went a long way to make the 2019 RAM 1500 powerful and efficient, they worked hard to make this the most technologically advanced pickup ever. The addition of the award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system includes an easy-to-use 12-inch fully configurable touchscreen display and the all-new SiriusXM with 360L. This is easily the most powerful audio system ever offered in a full-size pickup truck. Some of its most impressive benefits include:
- 900-watt harman/kardon system with 19 speakers
- One-year SiriusXM All Access subscription
- Four Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) microphones
- Five USB ports (3 USB ports are fully functioning and communicate with the Uconnect interface while the other two USB ports are charge only)
- Navigation on an 8.4-inch display
Experiencing the 2019 RAM 1500
While these are only a few of the benefits of the all-new 2019 RAM 1500, we think they should get your imagination going! To truly experience all that the 2019 RAM 1500 has to offer you need to take one for a test-drive. When it is released in the 1st quarter of 2018, North York Chrysler will be able to get you behind the while of the 2019 RAM 1500. So contact us today to learn more and find out when you can reserve your test-drive.