What's the Best 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trim Level for Me?
Posted on January 19, 2021
There are few vehicles available today as dominating, both on and off-road, then the 2017 Jeep Cherokee. Available in eight unique trim levels and up to nine bold exterior colours, the experts at CarHub believe there is a 2017 Jeep Cherokee to match your specific needs. Since it can be difficult to find the right trim level without a little help, we thought it would be helpful to pick out three of the more popular trims and show how they can benefit you.
The 2017 Jeep Cherokee is a tough and powerful SUV. When you check under the hood on most trims drivers will find a standard 2.4-liter Tigershark MultiAir I-4 engine with 184 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 171 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,600 rpm. When you pair this powerful engine with the segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission you can expect fuel economy as good as 7.8 L/100 km highway and 11.0 L/100 km city, which is extremely impressive for any vehicle, let alone an SUV.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Even though the Jeep Cherokee Sport is an entry-level trim, it is extremely impressive. This streamlined SUV comes in both 4x4, FWD as well as six exterior colours. The standard features of the 2017 Jeep Cherokee certainly fulfil the needs of most drivers. They include:
• Ride and Handling
-17-inch steel wheels, 225/60R17 BSW all-season tires
-Selec-Terrain Traction Management System-Jeep Cargo Management System
-Brake stability control and Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
-Four-wheel antilock disc brakes
-3.5-inch multiview Electronic Vehicle Information Centre
-Media Centre: 6-speakers, Uconnect® 5.0 with 5-inch touchscreen, integrated voice command and hands-free communication with Bluetooth® streaming audio
-Bifunctional halogen projector headlamps with Black bezels and time-off delay
- Comfort and Safety
-Air conditioning with rear HVAC outlets and air filtering
-Cloth seating and Rear 60/40 split-folding
-Ten airbags including driver and front-passenger knee blockers
-Enhanced Accident Response System (EARS)
-Sentry Key antitheft engine immobiliser
Few crossovers with this many standard features are available at such an amazing price point, so it is worth a look.
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
If you plan on using your Jeep Cherokee for more off-road driving, the Trailhawk trim is perfect for you. It includes an off-road suspension and locking rear axle and Selec-Speed Control with Hill Ascent and Hill Descent Control. Other amazing standard tech features you can expect include:
- Seven-inch full-colour customizable in-cluster display centre
- Uconnect 8.4 multimedia centre with an 8.4-inch touchscreen and six speakers
- Air conditioning with rear HVAC outlets with air filtering that can be controlled from the touchscreen.
- ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera
- Automatic bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Accent-colour grille surrounds, roof rails, exterior mirrors and badging
2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland
At the top of 2017, Jeep Cherokee trim levels; there is the spectacular 2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland. Despite being packed with luxury and performance features, this SUV is also reasonably priced. This is even more impressive because you get the following standard features not available on many SUVs in the class such as:
- 12-way power driver and passengers seats
- Alpine premium sound system with nine amplified speakers and subwoofer
- Blind-Spot monitoring with rear cross-path detection
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with Zebrano high-gloss wood trim and mounted audio and cruise controls
- Premium Berber floor mats
- Premium leather-faced heated and ventilated front seats
- The best-in-class towing capacity of up to 2,041 kg.
To discover which of these, or the other 2017 Jeep Cherokee trim levels, is right for you, please contact the sales team at CarHub today. We can't wait to schedule a test-drive for you!