Here in Canada, we have 5 seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring, and Pothole season. As the roads freeze and thaw, the water erodes some of the dirt in the base layers below the road, and the pavement becomes weakened. As vehicles drive over these weak spots, the pavement starts to crack and chip away, resulting in potholes. And with every vehicle that hits them, they get worse.
Wheel Alignments consist of adjusting your vehicle's:
Angle which the wheels sit on the road, from the front of the vehicle. If the camber is out of alignment this will cause tire wear and accuracy issues.
Measurement of the distance between the wheels at the front and back of the tire. If they are pointed IN or OUT it will cause excessive tire wear.
Angle which the suspension is situated to pivot your wheels. If the caster is out of alignment, the steering will be loose and difficult to control.
- Your steering pulls to one side - particularly noticeable when you're braking. This may not seem like a big deal at low speeds, but if you were to have to brake hard, it could significantly affect your ability to manage and control the car.
- You feel the car bouncing or swaying, especially on turns. That means your suspension has been impacted and can affect everything from shocks and struts to ball joints, bearings, and the steering rack.
- The vehicle feels at though it's sitting lower in the front or back.
- If any of your wheels have cuts, breaks, abrasions or bubbles in them, you may have hit a pothole which has damaged your tires. This is something that's crucial to pay attention to, as you could experience a blowout, especially on the highway. A bulge could be a result of a tear on the inside lining of your tire. If you run your hand along the sidewall you'll feel it.
- The vehicle bottoms out when driving
- Your control of the vehicle is affected when suddenly stopping.
- Your might notice a vibration when you're driving.
* Computerized wheel alignment with toe adjustment
* Front and rear suspension system inspection
* Steering component inspection
* Written report
* Manufacturer's check